While Part 3 is heading towards the fires of Sasquan, you can now read the century-spanning Parts 1 & 2 in the single volume eBook.
Debarkle Volume 1 1880-2014 covers chapters 1 to 33 but with fewer typos than the raw-and-edgy blog version. This is the ‘second draft’ version and once everything is finished, a final more definitive single-volume version will be made with more revisions to the text.
The book is currently available form:
- Books2Read https://books2read.com/u/mggWwX
- Apple Books https://books.apple.com/au/book/debarkle-volume-1/id1574177412
- Rakuten Kobo https://www.kobo.com/au/en/ebook/debarkle-volume-1
- [eta] SCRIBD https://www.scribd.com/book/513353051/Debarkle-Volume-1-Debarkle-Saga-of-a-Culture-War-1
- [eta] Barnes & Noble https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/debarkle-volume-1-camestros-felapton/1139752734;jsessionid=3F59210F16F51DBF716A9ABA2B073316.prodny_store02-atgap01?ean=2940165587467
And will be in other retailers soon.
Regular readers will spot that I’ve not gone with Smashwords this time. Instead, I’ve used Draft2Digital. There’s a couple of reasons why.
Firstly, I just wanted to try out how Draft2Digital works. They claim it is more seamless than other services and it really is pretty simple to use. Overall, quicker to get an ebook formatted from a starting position of a Word doc than Smashwords.
The second reason was a problem I had with Smashwords and the Hugosauriad. As part of their automated checks, Smashwords looks for Amazon links and flags them as issues. This is because nefarious authors try to use other eBook stores to drive business to books that they have as Amazon exclusives by putting links in non-exclusive books. The problem is that these checks catch any and all Amazon references. For the Hugosauriad that mean some really weird changes to the Chuck Tingle chapter!