Just as a quick guide.
- Anybody, whether you have a Goodreads account or not, can email firstname.lastname@example.org directly to raise an issue.
- There is a contact form on the help pages https://www.goodreads.com/about/contact_us
- You can flag individual reviews. It’s not obvious as you have to sort of hover over the review with the cursor for the little flag icon to appear. There is an explanation here https://help.goodreads.com/s/article/How-do-I-report-abuse-1553870936122
- You can also flag individual comments on a review. To do this click “see review” so the individual review opens on a new page. The flag icons will then appear next to comments on the review.*
- The community guidelines are here https://www.goodreads.com/community/guidelines and the pertinent ones include:
- Hate speech, bigotry, threats, and ad hominem attacks are not tolerated.
- Please don’t misrepresent your identity or create accounts to harass other members, abuse features, or evade our rules. Spammers and scammers are not welcome.
- Artificially inflating or deflating a book’s ratings or reputation violates our rules. This includes activity like creating fake accounts to manipulate book ratings, purchasing reviews, and incentivizing votes, likes, or other actions on Goodreads.
- I don’t know if snail-mail will get any attention but the address is 180 Spear Street, San Francisco, CA 94105, US.
*[updated after a few experiments]