As you have probably noticed, I’m a bit bogged down in 2013. Unpacking the SFWA fights will take awhile but I think they are keen for several reasons one of which is why Sad Puppies 3 thought they could win (but I’ll get to that).
So, there’s a fair bit of shifting around of chapters from the original outline coming up https://camestrosfelapton.wordpress.com/2021/02/02/debarkle-draft-outline/
Currently the plan to get us through 2014 and the end of Part 2 is:
- Dramatis Personae…Sarah A Hoyt and the Mad Genius Club. Some history, some bios and also the relevant post on the SFWA Civil War. MGC wasn’t a major voice in the SFWA fights (although Cora covered what they said) but it was a shift for the group in terms of taking a side.
- SFWA Civil War Part3. Various things, Truesdale’s Petition, Sean Fodera v MRK etc. That gets us into 2014. [I see in the outline, I had Vox getting kicked out in 2014…oops! Messy timeline mix up]
- Sad Puppies 2: The initial campaign and reactions but not the results because that is a later chapter.
- Opera Vita Aeterna: I’ve never reviewed any of Vox Day’s fiction (officially) and I want to have a look at his attempt at a Hugo.
- Dramatis Personae…Mike Glyer and File 770. I was trying to space these bios out but this one ended up in a silly space in Part 3. GRRM’s bio has swapped over to there as a break.
- Meanwhile: GamerGate. This has to fit in here, any later and there’s too much back and forth.
- Meanwhile: Requires Hate. This is a bit of a nightmare chapter just in terms of my notes already. A fine line to tread.
- Hugos go to London: This may spill over into two chapters as we’ve got lots to cover, Wheel of Time, Jonathon Ross, Vox Day’s No Award.
- Justice, Dinosaurs and the Water that Falls from Nowhere: The triptych of finalists that the Puppies hated. Dinosaur will just be a link to the Hugosauriad essays.
- Dramatis Personae: Brad Torgersen
- Dramatis Personae: John C Wright and the Evil League of Evil
That’s going to be about four or five weeks. June should see Part 3 Pupaggedon/Ragnapup/2015