In what may be the most exciting year yet of the Dragon Awards but almost certainly won’t be, the nomination period closes in just five days time. I have singularly failed to track people campaigning for nominations, so I can’t authoritatively claim there’s a lot less of that going on but…that’s my general impression.
So here are my almost data free guesses
- Assorted Baen books. Maybe Correia/Hoyt’s Monster Hunter Guardian.
- Baen editor Christopher Ruocchio may also be on the list for books he has published with Random Penguin.
- I expect our occasional correspondent Richard Fox may make an appearance.
- Chris Kennedy’s Theogony Books usually has a nominee.
- Silver Empire Press has picked up a lot of the former Superversive and Castalia House authors and have had at least one nominee before.
- There is usually a surprise group: some community of writers who have cottoned on to the Dragons for the first time and make an appearance.
- The rest will either be works nominated elsewhere or published in 2020 by prominent authors.