Buds are budding and spring is springing, at least in the temperate regions of the northern hemisphere. The Dragon Award website may still be in its wintery slumber but we have our first proper slate for it.*
Russell Newquist’s Silver Empire publishing has been filling the gap left in right-wing SFF publishing left by Castalia House retreating and Superversive Press closing. They’ve made an appearance on the Dragon Awards before but given the general quiescence of the awards currently, then maybe they have a chance…or not depending on how the people who run the award feel I guess.
Oddly, I couldn’t find the slate at their website but instead it appears on the Superversive website. http://www.superversivesf.com/?p=1191
- Best Sci Fi: Overlook by Jon Mollison
- Best Fantasy (incl. Paranormal): Victory’s Kiss by Bokerah Brumley
- Best YA: The Unbearable Heaviness of Remembering by L. Jagi Lamplighter Wright
- Best Mi-SF: Justified by Jon Del Arroz
- Best Alt History: This Deadly Engine by (Philip) Matt Ligon
- Best Horror: Deus Vult by Declan Finn
Only one name I’m not familiar with.
*[That I’m aware of. There’s probably more on Facebook.]