Time is ticking and Bob the Panic Blob is getting twitchy in his box. Hugo nomination deadline is nearly upon us and what am I doing? Still talking about the Nebulas, an award I don’t vote in? Well, I still have some novelette spaces to fill and there are some tiny doll’s house sized novels to read. Will I read and review them all before the Hugo deadline? Seems unlikely.
One review was done a long time ago https://camestrosfelapton.wordpress.com/2018/01/28/review-the-only-great-harmless-thing-by-brooke-bolander/ Complete with the adjective reversal in the URL that I keep doing when I write the title.
- “The Last Banquet of Temporal Confections” by Tina Connolly (Tor.com 7/11/18)
- “An Agent of Utopia” by Andy Duncan (An Agent of Utopia) (excerpt)
- “The Substance of My Lives, the Accidents of Our Births” by José Pablo Iriarte (Lightspeed 1/18)
- “The Rule of Three” by Lawrence M. Schoen (Future Science Fiction Digest 12/18)
- “Messenger” by Yudhanjaya Wijeratne and R.R. Virdi (Expanding Universe, Volume 4) (excerpt) (EPUB and MOBI download)
The biggest issue I have with novelettes is that they are published as little tiny books for fairy folk and my giant hands cannot hold them and so I have tried a mouse to turn the pages for me as I read through a magnifying glass.
[Links from JJ’s super useful http://file770.com/where-to-find-the-2018-nebula-finalists-for-free-online-2/ ]