In the comments to my last post on Star Trek Discovery, Peer speculated whether Captain Lorca is perhaps from the Mirror universe.
The speculation isn’t new – Lorca’s general demeanour alone fuels speculation – but episode 10 provided a lot more fuel.
Discovery is now in the Mirror universe and once there they learn:
- Mirror Lorca is on the run after attempting a coup and nobody can find him
- Before he disappeared he killed Mirror Michael
- There had been at least one previous incursion from the Federation universe to the Mirror one.
All that hints at Mirror Lorca (aka Acrol) having escaped the mirror universe.
In addition the Lorca is Acrol theory explains:
- Why Lorca recruited Michael
- Why Lorca pushed Stamets and was researching parallel universe connected by the spores
- Why he has anger issues
- Why he previously sacrificed his crew
- Why he keeps wanting to grow a goatee
Discovery has been a very variable series in terms of quality but they’ve done well in engendering speculation.
On a seperate note on our previous Alice Through the Looking Glass speculation, note that Evil Tilly aka Captain Killy is a Red Queen.