This week I take a look at choosing a program to write with:
Top five writing programs?
Mrs. Type Cast”
I just use Notepad because I eschew formatting. I asked around to see what everybody else uses:
- Camestros: First choice is Excel, then Word, then Pages (Mac), then Text Wrangler, then Notepad++ (he was unwilling to accept that Excel is not a writing program)
- Timothy: Libre Office, Word
- Straw Puppy: Scrivener
- Mr Atomic: internal OS text editor
- Random squirrel teasing Timothy: Microsoft Publisher
- Nice Lady from the Post Office: Adobe In-Design (Creative Cloud)
- Bortsworth Drycleaners: GNU emacs
- Shadowy figure spotted in the abandoned Woolworths: astral projection of blood that seeps through the plaster of your walls
There are so many choices! Pick one that has the features you need for the writing you want to do. The only one I’d advise against is the one based on an ancient eldritch evil that may consume your soul i.e Microsoft Publisher.