Last year I suggested (followed) a strategy I called High-bar No Award. I still like it but it had some aspects that take awhile to explain.
This is a simpler version that should work fine when presented with some of the “poison pill” Rabid nominations and other shenanigans.
1. If you think the work is really good vote for it regardless.
2. If you think the work is really bad then vote No Award above it regardless.
3. If you think the work is OK/mediocre etc AND it is on a slate then vote No Award above it.
4. If in doubt and the work was on a slate then vote No Award above it.
5. If it is from Castalia House then vote No Award above it on the grounds that the publishing house is a wing of the Rabids who have vowed to destroy the Hugos.
6. If rule 1 and 5 conflict then check the skies for airships -you may be in an alternate reality.